The Singapore International Infectious Disease Conference (SIIDC) invites Clinical Case report for Case Presentations at the Interactive Case Presentation Sessions.
Submitting a case report to SIIDC provides an opportunity to have your work reviewed by colleagues in the field of infectious diseases and an excellent platform to showcase your cases to a large audience at SIIDC. Selected cases will be featured in one of the two Interactive Case Sessions.
Presenting author will be given complimentary registration to SIIDC 2017. The author will get their refund in person during SIIDC 2017 at the Secretariat/Payment Counter. Cheques will not be mailed to awardees.
Who May Submit
Associate Consultants, fellows, residents, and medical students from infectious disease training programmes may submit case reports. Please pay careful attention to the Personal Data Protection Acts (PDPA) which must be strictly adhered to. In order to be considered for the Interactive Case Sessions, all authors must ensure that their cases comply with these PDPA guidelines. Please refer to https://www.pdpc.gov.sg for more information on the guidelines.
1. All submitting/presenting authors must ensure that
- that no confidential patient information is revealed (see PDPA Guidelines)
- that the case includes the affiliations of all the contributing authors
- the units and reference ranges for all laboratory tests are specified
2. Each submitted case should include images that illustrate important teaching points related to infectious diseases. Examples:
- fungal and mycobacterial infections
- viral infections
- bacterial infections
- parasitic diseases
- infections of immunocompromised hosts
- tropical infectious diseases
3. To ensure PDPA guidelines are met, the author’s program director or ID faculty attending must review the case report and validate that the report complies prior to uploading the case files.
1. Each submission must include:
- The Case Report Submission Form.
- A PowerPoint presentation of the case. (Please refer to IDSA website for an example.)
Please do not include your name or affiliation in the PowerPoint you submit. Cases will be reviewed “blindly” to help ensure a fair and unbiased review of your case submission.
2. Completed Submission form and Powerpoint slides are to be emailed to our Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Alternatively, you may submit online at www.siidc.com.sg/call-for-cases
1. Submitted cases will be acknowledged by email within 3 working days following receipt. Please contact the Secretariat if you do not receive the acknowledgement email.
2. Case report disposition notices will be sent on or before Monday, 14 August via email to presenting authors only. It is the responsibility of the presenting author to notify and ensure that all co-authors are informed that the case has either been accepted or rejected, and to disseminate the presentation information.
3. If you have not received your notification by 6p.m. on 14 August 2017, please send an email to email@example.com.